Our experience of advising the managers and sponsors of third party litigation funds means you can rely upon us for a full range of corporate, commercial, insurance and regulatory advice to help you minimise risk and maximise opportunities in your projects and transactions - wherever in the world you are doing business.
Third party litigation funds are investment funds that exist to enable third parties to fund all or part of the legal costs of a litigation case, in return for a fee payable from the proceeds recovered by the litigant.
Our work includes advice on matters such as:
- Structuring and forming third party litigation funds.
- Preparing fund documentation including prospectuses, limited partnership agreements, management agreements and advisory agreements.
- Drafting and negotiating collaboration agreements with stakeholders and partners.
- Corporate governance and management issues including the formation of oversight and advisory boards.
- After the Event (ATE) insurance and other insurance arrangements including insurance captives.
- Re-structuring and re-organising funds.
- Financial services regulation and financial promotion rules.
- Third party litigation funding rules and protocols.
- Legal due diligence and verification.
- Data protection.